Support Go Red For Women® by participating in National Wear Red Day® on Friday, February 2, 2018 and donating to help fund research during American Health Month. Coldwell Banker D’Ann Harper, REALTORS® is proud to support this important cause that encourages awareness of women and heart disease.
This National Wear Red Day®, Feb. 2, 2018, will mark 16 years since the initial National Wear Red Day®, which was first observed to bring national attention to the fact that heart disease is the #1 killer of women, and to raise awareness of women’s heart health. Looking back on all that has been accomplished, the American Heart Association® has made great strides including:
- Nearly 90% of women have made at least one healthy behavior change.
- More than one-third of women have lost weight.
- More than 50% of women have increased their exercise.
- 6 out of 10 women have changed their diets.
- More than 40% of women have checked their cholesterol levels.
- One third of women have talked with their doctors about developing heart health plans.
- Today, nearly 300 fewer women die from heart disease and stroke each day.
- Death in women have decreased by more than 30% over the past 10 years.
Visit your office administrator to make a small donation of $5, or any amount is appreciated. With your contribution we will hang a heart displaying name to share the generosity and hope for saving lives.