December 10th — The Coldwell Banker D’Ann Harper, REALTORS® Holiday Blood Drive was held on Thursday from 9:45am – 12:15pm in the Stone Oak Office parking lot. All of the donors received a T-Shirt designed with its, as always, uniquely wonderful message of giving, ” You care. You give. You share. You Matter.” We exceeded our GOAL of 11 pints by 3 and collected 14 pints of blood. This marks our 5th year participating in semi-annual blood drives for South Texas Blood & Tissue Center and we hope to continue for many years to come.
Enjoy iron-rich foods. Well-balanced diet with plenty of iron-rich foods helps maintain a healthy hematocrit level and ensure donors are eligible to give blood.
• LEGUMES, NUTS & SEEDS: Lentils, Kidney Beans, Almonds, Cashews, Soy Beans, Pumpkin Seeds, Sesame Seeds and Hazelnuts.
• MEAT & FISH: Lean Red Meat, Clams, Shrimp and Pork
• FRUIT: Watermelon, Peaches, Apricots, Dried Dates or Prunes
• BREAD & GRAIN: Fortified Cereals, Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, Whole Grains and Gingerbread.
• VEGETABLES: Baked Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Spinach, Chard, Asparagus, Artichokes and Beets or Beet Greens.
Blood Donation Quick Facts:
• Blood makes up about seven percent (7%) of your body weight.
• 10-12 pints is the average amount of blood in an adult
• Platelet donors can donate every 7 days
• Blood donation takes on average 10-15 minutes
• Type O is the most requested type by hospitals; 45% of Americans have Type O, while just 7% have Type O- (the latter is a universal donor)
By donating blood you’re saving lives – you matter. Just 1 pint per donor means saving 3 lives. Thank you again to everyone who donated by giving someone the gift of life!
If you would like to sign up for our next donation please contact:
Denise Barnhill, REALTOR®, M.P.A., ABR, ALHS, CRS, CHMS, E-Pro, SFR, SRES, SRS, TAHS
18756 Stone Oak Pkwy., Ste. 101 • San Antonio, TX 78258
(210) 483-6314 • firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center, log on to: