You Need A REALTOR® – And Here’s Why
As a consumer we often wonder, “Why do I need this or that?”
Not only among instances that pertain to purchased goods, but other resources as well. In any given year we are bombarded with choices about purchasing. Car insurance variables. Protection plans for item failure. Money back guarantees. Numerous warranties. Buy one, get one. We’ve become a consumer industry driven by ‘the real deal’. (Yes, I realize these are fractured sentences, but we’re hoping to make a point).
The point is, that among all the superfluous choices there are real selections that can benefit us. Hidden amongst all the ‘buy now‘ and ‘for sale‘ signs, are professionals who can provide guidance. Moreover, they are bound by a code of ethics, leading perfectly into some of important reason to use a REALTOR®. If you’re unsure, here’s the finer highlights:
• Code of Ethics. When you are working with a REALTOR®, you are teaming up with a professional who operates according the code of ethics as outlined by the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the National Association of REALTORS®. For over 100 years the Code of Ethics has ensured that consumers who works with a REALTOR® are treated fairly and ethically in all transaction-related matters.
• Pricing and Selling. Having a home priced correctly and according to the market is the first step on getting a house bought or sold. There are a large variety of websites that estimate the cost of your home through a slew of variables. Typically they are reliant on outdated tax records or other public statistics. Often times, they are wrong. REALTORS® know the local market, have resources allowing them to pull current data and have experience to understand pricing aligned with maximizing the best deal. By using a REALTOR®, you can increase you home sale price by as much a 88% versus only 9% in those who opted not to use an agent. *
• Real Estate Contracts, Laws and Regulations. Purchasing or selling a home is not something that the average person is well-versed on. Every home is different and adheres to a specific set of laws based on its’ location. REALTORS® are required to stay up-to-date with regulations, practices and laws. By their very nature most REALTORS® are immersed in the industry. Put that knowledge to work for you, don’t go it alone.
• Fiduciary Responsibility. When you hire a REALTOR® is means you have an expert on your side. They are a professional who’s looking out for your best interests regarding finances, contracts and support. Having an expert who is contractually bound to you and obligated to do everything in their power to protect you is an invaluable resource. To reference the Code of Ethics section, “For more than 100 years, Realtors® have subscribed to the NAR’s strict Code of Ethics as a condition of membership,” says National Association of Realtors® President Gary Thomas. “Realtors® have the expertise and experience to help sellers protect their investment and help buyers build theirs.”
• Find the Right Home. About 90% of homebuyers begin their search online, and in this digital age, it’s no surprise. Once you begin a search online it can quickly turn into an overwhelming flood of choices. Having a REALTOR® who can help answer questions and assist in making the right decision is extremely important. Beyond just visual appeal, a home contains building materials and other items worth inspecting. Knowing what to ask and which details to consider make the difference in the confidence of your home purchase or sale.
Still have more questions? Our team of real estate professionals are backed by non-competing managers. Located out of our 8 local offices, these groups of managers can offer answers and guide you to a professional REALTOR® in your area.
Pat Busby, Vice President Residential Sales, Stone Oak Office
firstname.lastname@example.org • (210) 483-7061
North Central Office: 18756 Stone Oak Parkway • San Antonio, TX 78258
Julie Connor, Vice President Residential Sales, North West Office
email@example.com • (210) 483-6401
North West Office: 7523 N. Loop 1604 West • San Antonio, TX 78249
Wade Phillips, Vice President Residential Sales, North East
firstname.lastname@example.org • (210) 483-6201
North East Office: 902 Coronado Blvd. • Universal City, TX 78148
Julie Gezella, Vice President Residential Sales, New Braunfels Office
email@example.com • (830) 608-5401
New Braunfels Office: 532 S. Seguin • New Braunfels, TX 78130
Amy Thibodeaux, Vice President Residential Sales, Boerne & Bandera
firstname.lastname@example.org • (830) 816-7201
Bandera Office: 903 Main Street • Bandera, TX 78003
Boerne Office: 1677 River Road • Boerne, TX 78006
Cynthia Loving, Vice President Residential Sales, Kerrville & Fredericksburg Office
email@example.com • (830) 896-5500
Fredericksburg Office: 905 South Adams • Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Kerrville Office: 1712 Sidney Baker St • Kerrville, TX 78028
*National Association of REALTORS® 2012 Survey of Home Buyers and Sellers.